Tuesday, May 6, 2008

wake me up before you go go


Indiana and North Carolina, already!?!  
It seems like only yesterday that we were in Pennsylvania! The Hill and Barack Travlin' roadshow, snake oil sale and tent revival goes on!
I love politics. I watch A LOT of c-span. I read a lot of newspapers/blogs/websites. You look up non-bitter political junkie in the dictionary and there is a pic of me. ( bitter political junkie has a pic of John Aravosis, but since I'm not the bitter one, I wont go there) BUT, even I am getting more than a little bit board with this Democratic Primary Season. I don't think John-four-dollar-gas-is good-for-the-country-McCain is going to be the problem in the fall, I think ennui is going to be! Where do we stand today? I am still FIRMLY with my new best pal JAMESDUKEMASON, and the rest of the fighting grannies out there, hoping the Senator Clinton wipes the floor the the upstart, Anne Baxter wanna be, Senator Obama.
  • Hillary wins BOTH North Carolina and Indiana. Probably not going to happen, but it could ( monkeys might fly out my.....). If this were to happen, it would be a huge blow to the Obama camp. North Carolina is a closed primary, so they could not blame the GOP for her victory, and would cut way into his electability. There are bunches and bunches of retirees in NC now, which favors HRC, BUT many more students, african americans, and Charlotte is chock full of we-are-every-bit-as-good-as-Atlanta yuppies that will all flock to BHO. Leonard's Loser in North Carolina: Senator Clinton
  • Barack wins BOTH North Carolina and Indiana. Could happen. A full 25% of Indiana gets its news from the Chicago area. I don't really understand why the fact that he is well behind there is not a bigger story. Indiana is a funny state. As a rule a solidly red state, but also sends wonderful ( and most attractive ) guys like Evan Bayh to the Senate. If Senator Obama wins both, you want to think that its lights out for the Clinton camp, but it is Hill and Bill and they will go on campaigning if its just the two of them and Chelsea  slung up in the back of the station wagon, with the Stuckey's Pecan Roll. Leonard's Loser in Indiana: Senator Obama
  • They each win one! What is most likely to happen. The show will go on! The talking head class will love it, Tim world's-biggest-head Russert will get to wring his hands over his white board. The blogosphere will not understand why o why everyone is being so mean to St. Obama. 
I for one, think the longer it goes on the better chance Hillary has to pull this off. Most others see it as only a boon for Senator McCain. From this lovely sunny day in upstate New York, I just can not see him even coming close to getting elected. He is three days older than baseball and has to wear GWB around his neck like the puka shells that he was way to old to wear back in the 70's.
Up next: May 13th WEST VIRGINIA 
May 20th Kentucky and Oregon

God Bless America! 

No comments: