Sunday, September 13, 2009

one lump or two....



Conflicting? Conflicted?

Is it freedom to, or is it freedom from ? ......Give to Caesar what is Caesar's....

They say two million, hell.. lets say five hundred thousand were in the porta potty when the count was being made.. Two and a half million people gathered in front of the Capitol yesterday to DEMAND that this county WILL NOT make BASIC HEATH CARE a right... not a privilege.

Two and a half million souls saying loud and proud that the weakest of us do not matter, that might and numbers prevail, we raise your plow share and back into a knife it will become in order to water that tree of freedom. My freedom... I do not owe you anything at all. I am not my brothers keeper..... Then they all went home to sleep the sleep of the righteous , got up this morning and went , I am guessing for the most part to a Christian church. If youth is wasted on the young, then irony is wasted on the teabaggers.

If you really have to ask why , basic heath care should be offered to everyone with out financial ruin, then I am betting you are not a fan of the k+b. We celebrate excess in our country, at least we do now. White hot fame that burns into our retinas and fades away quickly. You can become very fifteen minute famous just for being a horrible person spending lots of money on things you don't need. 99K for a birkin bag ? Cover of US weekly, baby... AND I will proudly read about you while standing in line at the Wegman's. The pure American glory that was the retched excess of the last decade or so! and I defend your right to spend your money. BUT, don't we get to now ask the question that after that orgy of spending .... can't we do better?

If we could talk to some of the folks from yesterday, or any day, any of the angry, angry folks out there that question :  

"Can't we do better?"

" Yes, we can you pinko commie fag, but NOT the GOVERNMENT, not the evil lying Nazi loving people in Washington.. We can do better, but not "Them"   Bootstraps and freedom and guns and stuff......" The founding fathers did not mean everyone when they said WE THE PEOPLE....You are crushing my freedoms!  ( again to or from....)

  • COOL!  Just as I am writing this President Obama sent me ,ME! , and email asking me to contact my Congressman telling him/her that I am all about the health care reform thing.. get on the bus Congressman so and so... the kool aid is there to be drank. Good idea Mr. President.... except for the fact that my entire Congressional delegation , Massa -Schumer and Gillibrand are all , ALL , way left of you , out there beating that dead horse of a drum of single payer and all. Guess the email was not sent JUST to me.......

Those Three Million brave Americans that gathered yesterday feel great about themselves today. There is pride and strength  in numbers. Should I try and see them as something other than sad? A group to be pitied, not scored or laughed at... certainly not feared. Their universe is so limited,  their Grace so finite.  I never really went looking for the big answers... maybe that is a lack of curiosity on my part, or just an instilled faith that Anne and I share: 
( I too have been on the internets long enough to fall victim to GODWIN'S LAW  You call The President and Speaker of the House Nazi's!, I take your assumption and raise you an Anne Frank .)

"Despite everything, I believe that people are good at heart"......We can do better....

This was just a little blog free form ranting .. didn't sleep enough last night, can not wrap my Pooh sized brain around the mind set of the folks yesterday. Ya'll are a cheap form of therapy.... many thanks for the use of the couch....nickle going into the can.



No comments: