Friday, October 30, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!



It looks like we are going to go to a real Halloween party tomorrow night. Grown ups, costumes, drinks... I believe games. As a rule this sort of thing scares me, and I really do not like it when , other people, let down all their inhibitions and act all crazy. BUT, I have decided that my time here at the monastery is coming to a close.



I think the last time I "dressed up" on Halloween was...... Milledgeville; fall of some early 80's undergrad year. The story starts out with " Paul Weir and I....", many of you long time readers know that for the most part when a story of mine starts out with " Paul Weir and I" it ends up with " we then made bail, and somehow Paul got them not to press charges" We lived in that complex .. out by the lake. Really, these are brain cells that have not sparked in years and years. I went as John Belushi, normal cloths and flour all over my face.. I was all about being tasteful even then. That cute blond local guy that was in love with one of the Lauras thought it was real coke and got all freaked out, I seem to remember a costume contest at that bar downtown..... again the story started with " Paul Weir and I " , so it is fuzzy....

Fast forward a few years and its the early gay 90's! All out and proud Kyle , but no way , no how the draggy Halloween for me , that was all the rage back then. Good ole Richard and those two cute boys that he lived with out in Brookhaven got Beth, Susan and Slaugthers bridesmaids dresses from Jodi's first, and went as " always a brides maid , never a bride", not all that funny , other than the fact that so very little alteration had to be done on the dresses. Acres and Acres of Pink moray taffeta with a lime sherbet sash and.. wait for it... Madonna gloves.. there must be pics somewhere....

As for tomorrow night, I have no real idea. Shirley Booth is my first choice , but these kids today with their long hair and video games really have no idea who Hazel is, someone would ask if I was Barbara Bush or something.


Fireman?, Indian Chief?, random disgraced Republican from South Carolina? I will keep you posted....

No comments: