Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dinner


A little game day Mexican Lasagna


This really could not be more easy to do, its just sort of a lot of prep work. All you are really doing is making a thick chili meat sauce. I chose black beans and pozole.

Getting all mise en placey! From the top left, parsley, with stems ( lots of flavor ), green bell pepper, carrot, hot chili , garlic and onion. Dump all this in your pot with a couple of table spoons of olive oil and a dollop of bacon fat out of your freezer. Cook for a while, this is the one step not to skimp on, about 15+ min on low.. just let the veggies get all together and happy. Wait to add the garlic until the last three or four min.

I totally screwed this up, and added the beans and hominy when I should have added the meat ( hamburger and just zesty breakfast sausage)  so, I just added it afterwards. This tasted really good on its own.


OK, so I added the meat to the beans and just stirred and stirred, it would have been better to do it in reverse, but in the end it was fine. I added a can of chopped tomatoes, a can of tomato puree, and a can of sauce. It was really thick , so I added almost a cup of just water, could have been beer...

Bad picture taking !!  Spray your pan well, then add a little of the chile, spoon all over the bottom then add your corn tortillas, more chili, then cheese, repeat until the pan is full. You can add one more layer of tortillas on the top, I just didn't. 


350 for 45+ min, THEN I cranked it up to 450 for a couple of min to get the cheese all bubbly


Makes A LOT of food.....



1 comment:

b said...

Great kid food, Kyle. I may have to take this to the next suburban school function potluck.