Saturday, March 19, 2016

EAT AMERICAN !

I have started spending a little bit more money to get wild caught American shrimp when I buy raw shrimp. It started when I read some Upton Sinclair take on farmed Asian shrimp ( it is Atlantic Salmon too, but I can Bento Box my brain on that one ), when you do buy the wild caught you find that there is just no comparison : they taste and cook like shrimp. Those of you that live near the coast dont have to worry about it I am guessing, but you should check.

This came up because a fb pal posted this today, how the imported crap shrimp is really putting a damper on the local , at least South Carolina industry.


From the
Island Packet 
( not a clue )

Vanishing Nets : Area shirmpers sail on despite rising costs, threats from imported seafood.


Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/news/special-reports/article36578409.html#storylink=cpy


No comments: