Friday, October 17, 2014

Boys Night In.

Neil is out again, you know, Jesus with some added irises this go round, all over the tri state area. Leaving Koda and I - and the new Amazon Fire Tv alone for a few days. Amazon with the prime thing does have some things that Netflix does not. Full blown toss up to start with :




THE FIRST SEASON OF ENDEAVOR!
Loved the second one , which we watched in stone age real time.

or
The most action packed scene in Metropolitan 
A WHIT STILLMAN MARATHON !
I have not seen Damsels in Distress , and Amazon has three of the four films 
( why is Last Days of Disco so hard to find ? )

but 

GAVIN AND STACEY

I settled on what I think is THE funnest sit come ever. Really - it is just brilliant writing all the way around. My main problem with BBC shows is , other than the never ending Dr Who , you fall for one, and there will be like 4 a year or something. A season of Endeavor and Sherlock is THREE! 
I don't know if Gavin and Stacy is on netflix or not, and it is SO not everyones cup of tea at all - but I loved my little mini marathon last night




Every single network , all four, have tried a remake of this show - and all have failed. It just does not translate .  ( Old American ladies just can't sing THE SMITHS )

No comments: