Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Recline, damn seat .


The opening night of THE MET IN MENDON - well Victor .

I , greatly surprising myself, have become a pretty big fan of these MET IN HD performances. The kick off opera was Verdi's Macbeth - at least I sort of knew the story.




This is Anna Netrebko - and she pretty much brought down the house in her roll as Lady Macbeth. Powerful, beautiful and at times down right scary - most enjoyable. The Times on her opening night in The Scottish Opera ...

We hardly every go to this theater , even though it is the closest one to us. It's a big chain and the little more arty one in Pittsford is just , to me, more enjoyable. BUT ( and this is a big butt ) some of the theaters in this multiplex have got the super duper comfy reclinable barko-lounger type chairs. Oh my goodness, this was a first.... but not a last.


No comments: