Monday, November 30, 2015
Saturday, November 28, 2015
13 - 7
That certainly went fast.
It's been the whole year. Any time with bookends or maybe it is a starting point of something, some time other than the calendar. But really, turn around and the season is over , almost like it never even started. I think the proximity of Alabama and Clemson didn't help matters. Always being the SEC's Stella Dallas - looking in at the party, seeing or chatting with people every day who get to go inside.
We have wait till next year, next year , next year.
A 9 - 3 season. The poor Jackets who we " beat " today would kill for that. They are not even bowl eligible for the first time in almost 20 years I think I heard, could be wrong. And yet our 9 - 3 seems very foggy, the countless year of could have , cudda been, woulda been....
Bring on that Tax Slayer bowl and the promise of a new year come fall - fresh shiny freshman faces to cheer on their dogs - the more settled ones hoping for the best , again.
WATCH: USC, Clemson Bands Spell Out "SC Strong"
At halftime today, it wasn't about USC or Clemson. It was about paying tribute to lives lost in the Charleston massacre, as the schools' bands came together for a historic performance. #SCStrong Full performance here: http://on.wltx.com/1HveG3q
Posted by WLTX News19 on Saturday, November 28, 2015
At halftime today, it wasn't about USC or Clemson. It was about paying tribute to lives lost in the Charleston massacre, as the schools' bands came together for a historic performance. #SCStrong
Friday, November 27, 2015
Pumpkin Spice sugared rims -
David working on the deep fried turkey as Jeremy looked on
Busy table cloth simple everything else, white and white
Big display of bright orange tulips to bring in some color
David really does make a wonderful Turkey, both of them were
- Deep Fried Turkey
- Roasted Turkey
- Old School Southern Dressing
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with a maple Cranberry glaze ( this was a very good and new way to do your Thanksgiving sweet potatoes, especially if you are having a mashed as well, HERE is the recipe , I did roast instead of boiling the potatoes. )
- Brussel Sprouts with bacon and red onion
- Turnip Greens with Turnips w/ smoked turkey
- Mac -n- Cheese
- Meatless Brussel Sprouts
- Carrot Salad
I ran out of time and did not make the fancy squash that I was going to but will for some other dinner.
VERY lively discussion this year....
- Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- White Cake with Pumpkin Ice Cream
Dahn , Sadie and the ice cream
endless bottles of this stuff - I was a tad less than 100% today
Besties on their Tryptophan lull
Things got a little surreal as the night wore on....
But it was a very nice day !
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
From the Farmers Almanac : Time to set beaver traps before the swamps freeze to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Beaver Full Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now active in their preparation for winter. It is also called the Frosty Moon.
MENDON BY MOONLIGHT
These things do not happen by random happenstance - A D-Day level of planning
And paper turkeys
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
It's a post Buckeye Apocalypse world
I was wrong in thinking that a one loss Ohio State would remain in the hunt for the championship, since their loss was to the #5 team. I was wrong. The gridiron illiterate have shown Urban the door. And Christmas just came early for the Clempsons!
- IOWA SO, the roll of Notre Dame v Stanford this coming weekend will be played by Oklahoma v Oklahoma State. I dont think anyone saw that coming. Clemson is not going to lose to a South Carolina that lost to THE CITIDEL. You can't ever ever rule out some Iron Bowl hijinx, but it is a pretty safe bet that Bama will beat Auburn. Which leaves us with Iowa v Purdue...... yeah, your guess is as good as mine, with I guess Iowa winning, meaning that is who Clemson would have their simi finial with. The other being , as of now, Alabama / Oklahoma - a throw back to the 70's , 80's sort of game that the ghost of Keith Jacksons voice will haunt.
- Michigan State
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Oklahoma State
- Florida State
- OLE MISS
- Washington State
- MISSISSIPPI STATE