Friday, November 27, 2015

THANKSGIVING 2015 part I

I started off the day cooking at our house - thinking I would get a lot more done than I did the day before, but we had gone to the movies ( glad we did , it was a great movie ) Then I had to make one more stop at Wegmans - happy they were open - so I started out a little behind the 8 ball. It was not only me, David could not start the roasted turkey until I got there with things from the store.

Got out the pre game snacks - you really do not need a whole lot on Thanksgiving . Some meats and cheeses, one was a cranberry stilton that I just love. Some Olives and grapes - easy peasy. Cocktail of the day were Apple Cider or Cranberry " Mimosas ".

Pumpkin Spice sugared rims - 
It was a team effort to get the meal on the table, Jodi fresh from their early morning Turkey Trot made the dressing which turned out really well.
David working on the deep fried turkey as Jeremy looked on
It had to have been one of if not the warmest Thanksgivngs ever in Rochester
I have had this sort of Thanksgiving themed toile table cloth for years and have never used it on the actual day. It is not really a Thanksgiving cloth, it just has farm scenes on it , and a few turkeys..
Busy table cloth simple everything else, white and white

Big display of bright orange tulips to bring in some color







aftermath

David really does make a wonderful Turkey, both of them were





MENU

  • Deep Fried Turkey
  • Roasted Turkey
  • Old School Southern Dressing
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes with a maple Cranberry glaze ( this was a very good and new way to do your Thanksgiving sweet potatoes, especially if you are having a mashed as well, HERE is the recipe , I did roast instead of boiling the potatoes. )
  • Brussel Sprouts with bacon and red onion
  • Turnip Greens with Turnips w/ smoked turkey
  • Mac -n- Cheese
  • Meatless Brussel Sprouts
  • Carrot Salad
I ran out of time and did not make the fancy squash that I was going to but will for some other dinner.




No comments: