Wednesday, April 17, 2013

fail



I like when this little art project we call the k+b is about Koda running in some tall green grass ,AAA baseball,  chicken curry or the latest zillion dollar painting sold... my day to day trip through the impossibly mundane, happy that you come along with me. This day would just not let us stay on our Zen-filled path.

The " GUN BILL " - I don't know what it was really called, so for us here, GUN BILL will do - went down in flames, as the GOP acted as the NRA's water boy and did what they said they would do and fillibusted the bill. With the Vice President acting in his role of President of the Senate , 54 -46.


Susan Collins ( Maine ), Mark Kirk ( Illinois ), JOHN McCAIN ! ( Arizona ) and Pat Toomy from Penn, all crossed the aisle and voted with the great majority of the Democrats to block the filibuster - THIS was not a vote on the bill , but the vote to vote. Four Democrats went against their party and voted with the GOP - Harry Reid switching his vote, so the bill COULD be brought back up, its all mushugas.

SO America, our response, our National response to 27 people at Sandy Hook elementary school being ripped apart by automatic gun fire, that entire class rooms of first graders being shredded into miscellaneous body parts by a mad mans bullets is .. "eh, what ever...." 

Blah blah, out rage, blah from the usual talking heads.

What I did hear that made me feel a little bit better was some pissed off women and mothers. I said the day of the shooting and got beat up all over facebook for saying this : " Men will NEVER change the gun laws in this country, if it is to be done, it will be women that did it " . Now hopefully women and a few of Mike Bloomburgs billions.....

Rep. Gabby Giffords was listening...
 PLEASE read this entire op ed:

From tomorrow's NYT
SENATORS say they fear the N.R.A. and the gun lobby. But I think that fear must be nothing compared to the fear the first graders in Sandy Hook Elementary School felt as their lives ended in a hail of bullets. The fear that those children who survived the massacre must feel every time they remember their teachers stacking them into closets and bathrooms, whispering that they loved them, so that love would be the last thing the students heard if the gunman found them.
On Wednesday, a minority of senators gave into fearand blocked common-sense legislation that would have made it harder for criminals and people with dangerous mental illnesses to get hold of deadly firearms — a bill that could prevent future tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., Blacksburg, Va., and too many communities to count......//
I am asking every reasonable American to help me tell the truth about the cowardice these senators demonstrated. I am asking for mothers to stop these lawmakers at the grocery store and tell them: You’ve lost my vote. I am asking activists to unsubscribe from these senators’ e-mail lists and to stop giving them money. I’m asking citizens to go to their offices and say: You’ve disappointed me, and there will be consequences.


Neil and I live in a deep deep pool of blue - our Senators are OUT FRONT in the fight, our state just passed some very strict new sane gun laws - which the NRA is fighting, so there is just not much that I can do. All of you in Red States or in the states of the four turn coat Dems - find out how, read, watch listen, find out what exactly to do ... Ill try and pass on any information that I get. But there will be tons out there, this one is far far from over....

No comments: