Saturday, August 25, 2012

dinner ( sort of )


Neil has been doing a FANTASTIC job on his/our doctor prescribed no/low carb lifestyle. I did a few major lapses while away, but came back to it easy today. Our only real and MAJOR problems are HOT DOG BUNS.
Seriously, I can not live with out hot dogs.... like several times a week. I can switch from my mayonnaise / Texas Pete condiment to just ball park mustard, which I do love almost as much.. and as a snack do just the wiener. But, every once in a while, once a week or so, I am going to need the whole package.

So, a little comparison shopping at the Wegmans this afternoon. Four hotdog buns....I am a BIG fan of the New England style hot dog bun, there is just less bread and it seems to be less fake - really just a folded piece of white bread. Dana, the go to girl on all things low / no carb , said to just go with a whole wheat  hot dog bun, if you were going to eat them - but I , wrongly, went with the lite one this afternoon, only gaining a gram or two in carblessness, and it really was not worth it - a very airy cardboardy bun.
Next time, as the weekly insane splurge, I am just going to go with the classic New England style and be happy... hey, no tater tots! so that is something.....

No comments: