Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Let's Look at Ann !

This should so wait for morning.


 I am tired and sleepy and a little bit crabby that I had to read as much about the GOP love in tonight as I had too. I went over board way way early, pointing to the tv that Neil was watching, not me, telling him we were Jews and that was Nuremberg 1934. Riefenstahl and Godwin, both in a post about a dress!!!
It did JUST BREAK - by the WSJ and the designer ! So here goes:

 Mrs. Willard Mitt Romney,63- of Michigan, Boston, New Hampshire, Utah and La Jolla, California seen here in a silk,, knee length A line, three quarter length sleeve, belted brilliant red, almost a scarlet, Oscar de la Renta Dress. Tiny V and mans shirt collar - open to no necklace, appears to be a mans gold watch and cuff or bold bracelet,  gold buckle for the belt. I would go with black mid heel Jimmy Choos, could be wrong. It could be the nicest lab coat ever.

It is too plain.
The ONLY thing remotely interesting is the color, too plain, too matronly, too the love child of Mamie and June Cleaver. It is also an odd unfaltering length.. I hate this length, One inch shorter - seriously, one inch, would have given a little interest or 3-4 inches longer would have given the dress some presence. Yeah, Ill question the stylings of Oscar de la Renta - because this is not an off the rack dress - I can't find anything like it anywhere and I looked for a good 10 min. If the boys or anyone pop up with some real info in the a.m., I will update...

A little bit shocking in its blandness, when the only other time I have ever given one second of thought to Mrs. Romney's fashion sense, she was WAY out on limb with a big yellow bird eating her boob in a 900$ Reed Krakoff tee.

This is pure and simple dress by GOP committee. Irony not lost on me that ,add pearls, and she is the PERFECT 1950's tv housewife. Blonds and reds are a given, GOP doing a little Nancy Red is a given... figure out for yourself why CNN decided to show us she had to pee.


It does look very good behind a podium, frames her face and her, look! I did my hair my self, hair style ( she did not do her own hair ) Red nails, red lips... wind blown hair and wind burned face. ( she has a GOOD doctor...)

as for the cost, who can say. The Romney camp is avoiding this by saying the dress was a birth day gift from Governor Romney - cause that is what all men do....

These two are along the same lines, not close to exact or anything:
See what I mean about just a tiny bit shorter.. which you NEVER hear from me.
The left is a black silk with lace overlay : 3790.00 at Neiman Marcus
The right is a black and white wool silk twill : 2150.00 at Bergdorf's

But you know, the J. Crewed current First Lady spends way too much on her cloths....

1 comment:

b said...

Me and the Wanker ... but this is supposed to say "I bleed June Cleaver" for sure.

And I am so glad that you post this so I get at least a little fashion lesson now and then.