Thursday, December 13, 2012

Put on your Yamaka - It's time for Chanukah!

Yeah, I am just as WASPy as you can get, I mean other than that one little splash of 1066 Norman, I'm pure sceptered isle, but who could pass up fried things!




 LATKES !!!
Dahn enjoys hers with the traditional 
sour cream and apple sauce.

Brisket
Roasted Root Vegetables
Parsnips
Carrot
Butternut Squash
red onion/garlic
Tuscan Kale / Beet Greens w/
whole grain mustard
Mashed Potatoes

NOODLE KUGEL !!

My very first try at this and it was GOOD! I was a little surprised. I think it may have been a little better straight out of the oven. I'm sure you can prepare it ahead and then bake during dinner.
From David Lieberman from Food Network

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound wide kosher for Passover egg noodles
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 1 pound cottage cheese
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • No, I can not just follow a recipe, so - I used more raisins and plumped them in a little boiling water, if you are not feeding kids use rum or bourbon. I also added more spice - a good scraping of nutmeg and at least a teaspoon of ground ginger. It really is an easy custard and look forward to making it again.

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Boil the noodles in salted water for about 4 minutes. Strain noodles from water. In a large mixing bowl, combine noodles with remaining ingredients and pour into a greased, approximately 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
Bake until custard is set and top is golden brown, about 30 to 45 minutes.

No comments: