Sunday, December 15, 2013

Every day is like Sunday.


Up with the cows to feed the Episcopalians, didn't sleep well on my own, afraid I would not wake up.

Honeoye Falls is all decked out for the Season. All the little poles that used to have parking meters, now have little lit up Christmas trees!  They are all down the road, I will go back and take some better photos.

Lunch at St. John's for the Bishops visit - and AND for the first time in the years and years I have done meals there- I pretty much ran out of food. Later on in the say I realized what was different. All those picky little kids who would not eat a thing, are now  locusts teenagers that devour everything - I dont think any one went with out eating, but bowls were scraped.
My pics did not come out good, so you will just have to imagine.
  • Whole roasted pork loin with cumin, rosemary and lemon. - really, I bought the biggest one Wegman's had that day , and it was gone in a flash. 
  • Brown and Wild Rice
  • Stewed Apples
  • Carrot coins with brown butter and cardamom
  • Winter Greens au Gratin ( which people loved, I thought it was a bust )
  • Broccoli and Pomegranate Salad
  • Deviled Eggs ( just would not be church with out them - they too were gone in a flash )
This was just yummy, and very easy - also very festive and sort of healthy for the Holidays 

Broccoli Salad 
 This was just yummy, and very easy - also very festive and sort of healthy for the Holidays. Makes a lot too, if you need it.
Broccoli
Red Onion
Pomegranate Seeds
Feta crumbles ( the recipe I was sort of using used Gorgonzola - I went with feta )

DRESSING 
1/4 cup mayo
2T Red Wine Vinegar
2t French Mustard
zest of one Clementine
juice of one Clementine
s/p to taste
double to as much as you need - 

  • Blanch your broccoli florets and shock
There your cooking is done. Dice a red onion, and whack out your pomegranate seeds, mix- saving some seeds for the top, add feta and dress - could NOT be easier! 


 The yankees did not drink much of the sweet tea
Came home and we went for a walk in the DEEP snow
Northern Cotton

Went and got Neil at the airport, somewhat of a scary ride home , heavy snow. 
Mendon, New York 5:45 pm


No comments: