Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#2 : treat everyone as your friend


I broke my own internet rule today, which really is a rare thing these days.


This is the US Embassy in Tel Aviv , Israel where it is PRIDE WEEK, and in a smack in the face to all of 'Mercia, our embassy is flying the rainbow flag. This is not some weird out of the blue event, Tel Aviv pride is one of the largest in the whole world - 200k folks , and you know, surrounded by folks that really hate the gays.

THIS is Tel Aviv City Hall!
These folks go all out for the gay pride.

But here is the rub. Joe Jervis linked to the facebook page of the US Embassy and asked folks to just shout out a fb THANK YOU , to the Ambassador and the staff, etc. So , there I went and did... and yes , stuck around to read some of the Christianists replies , and you know what they were. I broke my rule but engaging some of these people, just pointing out that it was Pride Week there and that the gay flag was everywhere in the city... but it was still Internet trolling / fighting and I really just do everything I can to not do that sort of thing anymore.

This winning thing has really changed my outlook on .. close to everything.




No comments: