Wednesday, December 24, 2014

THE CHRISTMAS CURSE



Seriously.

Number 1, this stuff is just adult sunny D - not even close to orange juice, and I have drank like a gallon of it the last couple of days. It's Christmas, we are in Atlanta - and therefor I AM SICK. Panic over the flu bug which is just rampant down here led me to the shot before I came down and BOOM - got a major nasty drippy achy painy regular old cold, bah - humbug to the cold!

Started feeling a little off driving down, then real bad yesterday, slept , fitfully, almost all day long, then today came on to Winder a day early, just to relive Susan of a giant hulking phlegm machine rolling around in her guest bedroom. Also did not want her mother who is visiting to catch what could have been something worse .

I just really look forward to my Christmas Eve traditions all year - A pimento cheese burger at Georges, Midnight mass with Chip and Rick and then the Waffle House there in Brookhaven - did nothing today other than be sick and drive to Winder.

The upside is I really am feeling a little better, guess I needed all that sleep, so hopefully by the time we are back in Atlanta I will be close to my old self again.

No comments: