Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 5 , day 1



This is going by pretty quickly. Last Thursday was out half way point - downhill from here. Which I bet is not something one should say about cancer treatment. It has been almost exactly a year since this all started, we found out the C word on March 19th of last year. Not the best birthday present ever - and things have zipped right along.

We have been just unbelievably lucky in all this. When you are around it the stories just seep out of the woodwork. This guy has it, this man at _____ has it, and Neil seems to be doing better than just all of them... Thank God, thank Ganesha, thank the ghost of Bear Bryant - you pick, but I am very thankful.

Sickness is different up here in the great frozen north. Doing this all alone has been , I'm not going to lie, tough. When brought up some people say the right things, and I am sure if I were to ask we / I could get some help - although others need it so much more than we do.  Some people say things that are so amazingly stupid that you question their humanity. And it is not like we need anything at all, really. But there has been very little warm and fuzzy about this. Blame me, blame Neil , blame New York , blame 1000 miles, blame time.

I will now do better at helping folks in this same situation. Little things matter a great deal - an old dog has learned a new trick!

No comments: