Sunday, August 7, 2011

dinner

FARM STAND AT LAST!!
( Thank God Almighty, Farm Stand, at Last. )


Check the date.. As I have told yall before, after the long dark frozen Winter, it rained for three months, and has not really rained since. So, the crops were all late getting planted, and have not been all that happy since. But yesterday, our farm stand pal came through!

 My haul for the afternoon, a whopping FIVE dollars, that you just put in the metal box. A few years ago, it was just a file box , that you could make change etc, but one bad apple, and now its a strapped down metal thing.

  • THE BEST cherry/grape tomato I have ever had in my life, I am going back for more in just a few minutes. Sweet, clear taste, warm from the afternoon sun. Almost South Carolina side of the road peach good.
  • LOVED this new squash! She has regular yellow summer squash and zucchini, but this was a pale green with MUCH firmer flesh and less seeds, very good.
  • Good firm  juicy cucumbers
  • New this year were these melons, that were again, the best melon I have had in for ever, tooth firm flesh, and  Super sweet with no hit of artificial taste, or picked green for transport..Going back for more of these today as well.

 Turkey Breast on the Grill
" Whole Grains " mixed with rice
Curried Squash
Tom/Cuke salad
Cantaloupe

Neil thinks it so odd that I serve Cantaloupe as a side dish, I guess it is just a Southern thing.

No comments: