Monday, August 1, 2011

While you were out....



OK, seriously , this has to stop!  Life getting in the way of blogging, it's just not right! So sorry, lots going on here in Mendon and the specter of Nancy Grace arriving in big Winder and the United States not have a functioning government, it all just added up!


 Dollar Popcorn Wednesday !
CAPTAIN AMERICA

I loved the movie, walking out, I said it was the best super hero movie I had seen since the second first Batman, I think I am sticking with that. Much better than the equally beefcakey Green Lantern, and just a better story than any of the X-Men. A little time traveling clarity with America = Good and The Axis = Bad.
When we were kids I think a new Captain America cartoon came out, because little boys all over North Winder were throwing trash can lids and those round plastic snow sled disks, that someone one had. If I had a complaint of the movie, it was it jumped to the future too soon, I would have enjoyed a couple of sequels set in WWII.


IT RAINED
After the wettest Spring on record, where after the snow melted , it just rained for the next six weeks, this Summer has been one of the driest on the books. This was the first hard rain we had in a month. So, I went looking for some Kay Starr, but only found some Mahalia Jackson. Well, there was some Vestal Goodman, but I went with the Mahalia. ( STILL have bad flash backs of that  VG drag queen with the counter tenor...)




Another Stint at a Lily Show!

you can just never get enough!

Helped feed the homeless.

Our good pal Don represents his Church and works in a Homeless Shelter once a month, I guess the intown churches take a weekend a month of something. Out nation will go up in flames if Zillionairs do not get to write off their lear jets, but you know , these folks can fend for themselves!
A chicken leg and thigh
mixed veggie
potatoes
bread and butter

We have volunteered down here in the Winter time as well, at least this time, the folks could not die, just from being outside.

No comments: