Thursday, January 10, 2013

OSCAR ! OSCAR !! OSCAR !!!

and the winner is.....
 Starting off with a white sleeveless June Cleaver in early January....
no , wait.. MOVIES, this is about the MOVIES...

Hooray for Hollywood!
The gay mans Superbowl is upon us!
( what I have seen in RED )

Best Picture
Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild *
Django Unchained
Les Misérables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty
I have some movies to see!
But, let's do start off with I will not be seeing Django Unchained. I HATE , with a passion that always surprises me the entire Tarantino universe. Just makes me feel like I need a strong drink and a shower. I fully understand that some folks like him, just so not my cup of tea. I will do my best to see Amour and Beasts of the Southern Wild . Maybe LIFE of Pi if we can still find it in 3-D which I hear is just amazing. Was very torn on Zero Dark Thirty - again, I am jut NOT a gritty guy, but Jonathan Capehart said it was not as bad as I am thinking , and there is Joel Edgerton with a beard... We will have to see about that one.
Right now, I am full in camp Silver Linings Playbook. But won't be upset with with 
Les Miserables. The whole night could belong to Lincoln....
* we JUST watched Beasts of the Southern wilds 
Best Director
Michael Haneke, Amour
Ang Lee, Life of Pi
David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Steven Spielberg, Lincoln
Benh Zeitlin, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Best Actor
Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix, The Master
Denzel Washington, Flight
SO SO SO would have swapped out John Hawkes for Joaquin Phoenix, The Master was just pure pointless waste. NO redeeming qualities. Seems like DDL to lose, but who would not be happy with Huge getting the prize... ( and he makes $$$ for his overlords, that never hurts )
Best Actress
Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva, Amour
Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Naomi Watts, The Impossible
HERE is where the train jumps the tracks. An 85 yo and nine year old on the red carpet - not enough gay men voting. We will get back to the fashion ..... Don't think I will be seeing The Impossible... at my threshold of Tsunami fear right now, and could just not do two hours of it. Take out the two wild cards - and seems to break for Jennifer... 
Best Supporting Actor
Alan Arkin, Argo
Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook
Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
The old guys and the fat guy. Please no Rochesters own. Team DeNiro here... but could go to Tommy Lee Jones .
Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams, The Master
Sally Field, Lincoln
Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
Helen Hunt, The Sessions
Jacki Weaver, Silver Linings Playbook
The toughest choice by far, and the only one where I have seen them all. Anne wants it so so bad - but Sally Field was so very good, Amy Adams, if there was a gun to my head to say something nice about The Master was  some pure cold, I think evil.. but not sure, but she was " good " . Helen Hunt if only for looking that good naked at my age. Jacki Weaver was as close to perfect as you will see on screen and AND a woman playing her own age... something I love. Camp Anne here, just because - and the cute Pixie.
there are more, you can find them....

and now the long waltz till
FEBRUARY 24 on ABC

No comments: