Tuesday, January 1, 2013

When the year starts out close to perfect......

The annual New Years celebration at the Day - Lawson house hold.
Couldn't sling a Lanz nightgown and not hit a Moopah!

The afternoon started off in Dan's World with the hard core Bulldawg set rooting our team to a 45 -31 totally non tea party victory! I bet the first time that Susan, Dedee and I had watched a game together in a very long time......
After the game ( games, Danno had the technology and used it.. Mississippi State lost to Northwestern and The Cocks of USC beat the Michigans.) It was closing in on time for the main event!
Angela, Susan, Dedee, Butler and a little bit of Paul
Koda was very well behaved, and had a very nice time
people ate all over, but with the kitchen finished the dining room could be used as one!
MOST sadly Angela, Dedee and Wolfie had to take off before supper!  But so so so wonderful to see them


THE FOOD
  • Honey Baked Ham
  • Honey Baked Turkey
  • MW's Ravishing Rice ( always close to my favorite )
  • Re-fried black eyed peas ( which were yummy!! )
  • Regular black eyed peas ( LUCK !!! )
  • plain rice
  • Terry's very good mac-n-cheese
  • Collard Greens ( $$$ )
  • Vegan Tuscan Kale and Beet Greens
  • Red and Golden Roasted Beets
  • Spinach and Rice Casserole
  • That " fonky stuff " - it's clams and eggplant... an annual FAVORITE of mine
  • roasted veggies
  • new potatoes
  • some damn good sweet potatoes with orange juice
there was a bread table but I did not get a photo .... somehow missed desserts as well... bad blogger!!
My Plate!
The Banquette set!

Cubby learned who the push overs were!
Everyone had a wonderful time
Swapping stories with the next generation.
( really, young people that I very much , honestly enjoyed being around, talking too even..)
Warren, Sammy and Nick

The Three Weird Hard Working Sisters.
In Beth's FANTASTIC finished kitchen!

More or less impossible to count how many people we all fed today. Dan's family, MW and Elizabeth, The Lovell-Spencers, The Kennedys, Terry n Butler and their family, ....many neighbors and seriously countless kids -40 or 50 people. This is my favorite party of the year, fill up on the luck , money and LOVE for the coming year. Heaps of thanks to all that made it such a wonderful day, yall just dont know how much it means to me......

2 comments:

b said...

I love that you included Elbert and Rebecca in your photos. I think they are glad to be with us.

Come back more often so I can have smaller parties. This is just too many people for my house.

b said...

I love that you included Elbert and Rebecca in your photos. I think they are glad to be with us.

Come back more often so I can have smaller parties. This is just too many people for my house.