Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday, May 20th


Woke up to just a beautiful New York City day - bright, sunny, low humidity, just lovely. Just hung out in Harry's garden with him and the lovely Trixie , who is cat obsessed.

Harry and I went over to the Brooklyn TKTS - where twice, I have just walked up to and bought tickets, but this time there was an hour line! We had planned on going on a tour of the CBS news studios given to us by Amanda, but we ran late due to the line. Harry was a rock star on cue, because he had seen so many of the shows - telling folks what was what and all.

One of the reasons we went down was that I wanted to see the play MOTHERS AND SONS, but Harry had already seen it ( and was not super impressed ) and Neil really prefers musicals, so we went with MATILDA, the Musical - and got really good seats.

Harry's next Bond theme head shot


Neil headed up with a friend to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, Harry and I made a bee line for the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the CHARLES JAMES, BEYOND FASHION exhibit. I've been to a few of these fashion institute exhibits and have loved them all , but this one was .... mind blowing. Ill do a whole post on it soon. 
I always love the flowers in the lobby/entree hall thing -
Always beautiful and all ways provided by the Readers Digest lady, 
who left a ton o bucks to keep fresh flowers here -
a great thing to do with your money!

The view from the mezzanine

Tiny bottle that Greeks wore around their necks

THIS was new to me and a WONDERFUL surprise !
There is now a fantastic roof garden on top of The Met. It is not real grass but this delightful bouncy gym floor rubber mat thing with great fake grass that aways stays clean and bright green. There is a stand where you can get full bar drinks and light snacks. It was such a beautiful day that it was a very popular place. It was also, I guess, Columbia University graduation , and there was some party with  light blue caps and gowns. We were up there a while, it was just so very nice. Anyone going to the Met make sure to hit the roof, its a little bit hard to get up too, but such a special treat.

Neil met us and we grabbed a quick dinner at some place in Times Square.
( which is a place that I am not 100% fond of..)
On to Matilda which was a great surprise. It was Harry's birthday gift, so we had to pick something that he had not seen. I had read and heard some about it last year and it is a great time at the theater. I really don't think I have ever laughed SO hard at a show. Unbelievably talented children, and that is coming from me ( the entire show is about despising children, so yes, right up my alley)

ROAL DAHL's

Just a perfect day in the city.

No comments: