Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wednesday , May 21


As is always the case, I was so good at taking pictures on the first couple of days of our trip and then.. not so much. Neil's are all on his camera and not phone, so I have not got them yet, so I may update all of this later on.

We woke up on Wednesday, hung out with Harry then hit the subway train. Boo boo prone Kyle did not realize that the Brooklyn TKTS only sells Wednesday matinee tickets on Tuesday so we had to go to the big Times Square one, which in high summer for a night time show is a multi hour wait  - but , and here is a tip to anyone visiting NYC this summer - if you get there late for the matinee line - you can just pretty much just walk up and get a ticket - less than 10 min. wait. Which gave us time to continue out debate. 
Neil was perfectly willing to go to a play with me , even though his heart is in musicals, and after the fun we had the night before, I was fine with giving up 90 min of gay drama with Tyne Daly ( although I still might go down and see it on my own ) So, Pippin ( which Neil saw the original Ben Vereen production, so I was afraid he would be disappointed with the huge changes in the show ) 
In the end something new for both of us , the new Idina Menzel show " IF / THEN ". Which we both LOVED! Very .. old school (?) theater. No bombs, no helicopters, crashing chandeliers, no Disney magic etc - a talent based Broadway show..
Second time with great seats from tkts, third row, slight limited view, but with this show it was NOT a problem at all. The show is at the Richard Rodgers theater, which is one I had never been to before - and it is just beautiful! 

Sometimes the show is just Idina on an almost naked stage. I can't find any quality video from the show but here she is on the Today show: 



Then survived a somewhat adventure filled trip home - a lovely mini vaca to NYC!

No comments: