Saturday, May 3, 2014

OBSESSION De Jour

After a couple of really good days, the rain cleared and my head 'sploded. Rare for me to have the "wet " allergies ... my usual Ebola now with the joy of sneezing and crying. The news folks said that a really harsh winter makes for a really bad allergy season - which made no sense at all to me, I mean pollen is pollen - BUT, turns out that when its a normal winter everything is sort of spaced out, this past mini ice age that we went through means that EVERYTHING pops at once... including my head. But enough of that, life is good, this too shall pass... blah, blah.

So, the last couple of days, I have felt like doing nothing at all - other than sitting and watching tv, which i really do not do very much of .. Yes, I am glued here all the time, but that whole offline life is pretty rare.

Our Apple TV , gives us access to the PBS app - which lead me to this :



A CHEF'S LIFE

It is this fantastic serial cooking show about my new favorite couple on earth - and how they moved from NYC back to eastern North Carolina to open up this off the charts good farm to table restaurant - and all the things that go with that. Plus lots of grandmothers and stories.  I do not know if the shows are still being shown, but there will be a season two.
There is not much on youtube - and I have not really checked PBS.ORG other than the app. If you are southern or just like southern cooking do yourself a favor and seek out this show...




No comments: