Thursday, January 1, 2015

auld acquaintances

Our annual New Years Eve trip to the  lovely Howell - Horsma Home in SOFOCO, as Dana calls it. Just a bit north of Dunwoody. A fantastic new kitchen greeted us this year.


In my head my kitchen looks like Angela's
Pre game snacks, keeping it on the light side, Bengt made a massive beef roast thing. I just did some really tasty flat bread from the Buford highway farmers mkt served with some camembert and Indian spicy lime pickles - a fun combination that I will do again.
Keeping with the theme, Susan made some most tasty curried chicken puffs
I had a Guinness sort of NYE
Traditional Swedish or Finnish New Years snack - salmon roe on a rye crisp .....

the table




 the cake

 the selfie
 So Steve's daughter makes this cake for us , starting last year, and now I guess a tradition - all started with the last years, or year before that Southern Living December cover cake photo that to me looked like the marriage equality sign, so I talked about it , a lot - and it caught on. Red velvet AND cheesecake .

Neil and Bennie
 group shot minus me, who snapped a pic of a pic being taken

we are a rowdy bunch -

But as always a very nice time spent with old friends, the best way to see in the new year ...

No comments: