Sunday, February 8, 2015

MY STORIES !

Folks were over here tonight , and there was a little bit of an unspoken word ( the weather helped me out on this ) that they had to be gone by eight. Again, is this the best Sunday night line up, ever? I am thinking that it just may be.


If I blew off the SUPERBOWL for this line up, you know I was not going to watch the GRAMMYS - but we may at least talk about them tomorrow.

8:00

THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW




Last week the fancy cakes were just not really my thing, not a fan of fondant or marzipan, but this week, oh my goodness, my mouth was watering and stomach rumbling! I am going to dig around the inter webs and see if I can find the BBC previous seasons of this show, it is so darn good. But, it is the people that make it, so who knows if I will like it as much. It is just all out wonderful.


9:00

DOWNTON ABBEY

AND they are back!  After bemoaning last weeks meek show, it was a barn burner tonight. 
This is what we had been missing: an on top of the world Lady Mary. Bob my hair and horse race side saddle all while looking like  “a cross between a Voguefashion plate and a case of dynamite,”. 
Yes there was still too much Bates did they or didn't they, but the dialog was zip bang spot on tonight. The Dowager in rare form : " All this endless thinking. It's very overrated . I blame the war - before 1914 , nobody thought about anything at all! ". 

Now, the foreshadowing that Isis may be sick was a bit upsetting.

10:00

HBO'S LOOKING

The weakest link in my perfect Sunday night of tv, but we have to watch : Union Rules and all. Plus Scott Bakula. The writers are trying for to much in a half hour show, make it an hour or calm down some. Also, it is getting a little bit FRIENDS, where no one really works and has time to sit around and talk , deeply , about their feelings , hopes and dreams a lot. Albeit with really really cute guys.

10:30
( we have that local goofy post Downton live talk show..)

GRANTCHESTER

THERE ARE ONLY TWO LEFT !

This always happens. You fall in love with an ITV or BBC series and they only make a literal handful. I LOVE THIS SHOW. 

Tonight was a bit of a downer, being most Cumberbatch topical with the pre enlightenment British Gays. But is it just the look and feel of this show is what I like, I mean other than being so in love with the Sidney Chambers.

No comments: