Monday, February 23, 2015

JURY DUTY




" and I'm proud to be an 'Mercian...."


To have seen me the entire weekend before this Monday, you would have thought I was marching off to war, I so so did not want to do this , at all. But Neil talked me into it, " winter, nothing else going on ...etc.." and in the end I am glad he did, it was pretty painless and I did not get picked on my case.


 No trouble getting into downtown Rochester that morning , and the wait to be assigned was not long at all. NY State does things different now and for every case they have, there were five this day, 42 people are called in - one case, serve or not, and you are done for years......

 I had to wait in the court room all day while the CHATTY judge asked questions and then both lawyers - it was such a good thing I was not picked, it was a stupid DUI case and I would have totally hung the woman out to dry. I did not even know you could go to trial for DUI....

 It was a beautiful COLD day downtown



 Court is held in the HALL OF JUSTICE ... really


No comments: