Sunday, June 28, 2015

HAPPY VALLEY



I watched this really interesting documentary on the whole PENN STATE mess of a few years ago. Goes much deeper into the hows and whys - and fallout of the case than any news ever did. Much of this I missed - I guess because it was during football season.

Very interesting to me that the film makers attempt to paint Penn State as an outlier in our culture, the place where football is god and the coaches are kings  - I dont want to say to much about the film, because I highly encourage you all to find and watch it on NETFLIX. Parts of it are just heart breaking, but many of you reading this will fully understand the mindset of the people in the film

I am a product of this culture - football is god in the part of Georgia that I am from - and from the looks of things in this film, the Penn State brand of football crazy is way toned down from , at least Athens . And from the few times Ive been other places Auburn, Tuscaloosa , Columbia etc, etc.

Do watch this movie, it is an interesting outsiders take on what for many of us is a way of life - above and beyond the horribleness that happen there in Happy Valley.

No comments: