Sunday, June 28, 2015

AMAZING


Friday was the biggest news day with no one getting elected or something blowing up in maybe ever. Woe to have been a news editor that day. Supreme Court making gays and lesbians equal citizens , President of the United States getting moved by the Spirit and breaking into song, the crazy man hunt in upstate NY, overseas terrorism ....


Something had to slip through the cracks, and not that this did, but it got less play from me. Out of everything that happened that day, THIS was what just put my jaw on the floor. I wasn't going to watch - My eleated brain just was not in a place to go to a memorial service - SO happy that I did. A horrible tragic event, yes - but there could not have been a more perfect bookend to the President's morning Rose Garden speech on the Supreme Courts ruling.

Some are calling it his best speech ever, for me that is the Pettus Bridge speech from this spring - but this was an moment of purity that will go down in history .

No comments: