Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Amber waves

9:18  "faster than a speeding bullet"..... NBC calls it for Senator Obama.... EIGHTEEN FREAKING MINUTES. We need to .... I need to start getting used to the fact, that it is going to be him.
Ok, here is the deal. There was this giant billboard over WOOFS in Atlanta ( right across the street from the Lindbergh MARTA station,- HIGH traffic) Huge pic of Sean Hannity and his hair, and the words, STOP HILLARY NOW. The vast right wing conspiracy that  nut job speaks for HATES her, but they also HATE me. I , unlike all the Obama-manics don't just want him/us to win. I want them to lose. I want the mongers of hate , the Limbaughs, the Dobsons, the Coulters and their many evil minions to LOSE. I wanted them to wake up, YES , all full of piss and vinegar, but wake up in November with HILLARY CLINTON as their President. NOT the best reason to wish someone was the President, but it was my main reason. Odd thing too, is for the most part, they did HATE John McCain, as well.
I am VERY sure that they will quickly learn to feel the same way about Senator Obama, and he should wear that as a badge of honor. His whole schtick is " bringing the country together" ( well that is that hope thing too, but I've lost enough sleep over that) but , as he will find out, it doesnt want to be brought together, neither side is going to give an inch. Gay Rights, Reproductive Rights, the right to NOT be hammered over the head with your voodoo and religion.. these are not lightly held positions on either side. The country appears divided, BECAUSE the country IS divided. 
Hillary Clinton has kept on the softest of kid gloves when dealing with him, because she would have needed his passion and voters. John McCain will not. I hope there is some steel in that very skinny frame, after tonight, he is going to need it

No comments: