Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ok, I lied... I can't quit him

My ex, Andrew Sullivan ( and one of these days I will tell the blog world how I made a complete fool of myself at an Andrew Sullivan book signing, in like 1995-ish) is touting the glory of Senator Obama because he won Kansas. Kansas!  "Among Obama's states: Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Kansas, Alabama, his geographic reach is remarkable" ( read the rest here) His mother is from Kansas, and it last voted for a Democrat in 1964, yes, Kansas loves LBJ!, but not much since. And im not going to hold my breath for Alabama to come over to the Dem's come the fall.
I am not going to flog that poor sad dead horse any more, Senator Obama is a wonderful candidate, I will be happy to vote for the man in November and be bat-shit happy on January 20, 2009, if he is sworn in, BUT, the level of WONDERMENT, has to be toned down a little bit world.. he didnt take Florida, and he didnt take California. He has a hispanic voting problem, and that wont get him elected. 
The problem now is going to be keeping some level of interest in the majority  of african american voters that he has..
soooo, many happy happy numbers to pour over tomorrow, its Chirstmas day in Mendon for kyle+blog...

No comments: