Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm black and I'm proud - woman, hear me roar...


I was at a party with a lady of a certain age ( which isn't that old anymore!) a while back, who was a rabid Hillary supporter. As fired up as any midwestern 19 year old "not fully baked" Obama-ite. This was before things got so very nasty between them. I gave her my standard " I'd be happy to vote for either one of them, much prefer Senator Clinton."
"well, I won't be happy to vote for him, and not sure if I will". Now , this is a lady who calls you on the phone, comes to your house, a LONG TIME Democratic fund raiser/ rable rouser! I was a little bit surprised. EXCEPT ( cue Helen Ready and muffle Paglia) these women are the ones that have been stepped over their whole lives. I'm sure she, and many like her have seen this many many times before. Capable woman works her whole life for something, only to see the young hot shot male step in at the last min. It used to be "no, he derserves the raise, he has a family to support".  I am sure it does not happen as much as it once did, BUT....
I don't think this has been addressed at all by the msm, "Clintons support is lower class ( wtf?) single mothers, the uneducated, blah, blah, blah" There is no real way of knowing how many of these women are out there , for the most part they fly under the radar. 
 Obama is BY FAR the bigger story, its happy, its upbeat, its all the YES, I CAN!, where as these voters are the "YES, WE HAVE-been doing it for fucking forty years, and where is my blue ribbon? It is all over the internets/tv news that the Obama-ites might not show up for Senator Clinton, but what it the Clinton-grannies stay home for THEIR girl?

No comments: