Monday, March 19, 2012

It was all an elaborate ruse

Ok, yes - today is that day. 

It all started on Friday when Neil had like a month before said that we were going to go out to dinner with Don and Susan that evening. Fine, if he wanted to, I was game. Knowing that I did not want to do that much special for this day, he assured me it was just dinner, BUT that the house needed to be clean because they were coming over here for cocktails and snacks first
 A good week before he had told me that he needed to go pick up Bryan at the airport on this same Friday afternoon. ALL of this just made perfect sense to me...... As Dana and Angela bust into my house......

SURPRISE !


The dinner with Don and Susan turned into the dinner with Dana and Angela. This is the place across the street that is not really a restaurant, but a catering company that just has dinners once a month or week or something. They do not have a pouring license, so you pay for the yummy five course dinner, but all the wine you care to drink - and it is GOOD wine, is free. The place is across the street, and we were, as Dana put it " overserved "

St. Patty's was a bit more low key than the night before , we just messed around Rochester, took them up to a fog bound Lake Ontario ( it was bright sunny and like 75 degrees, really but the cold water made pea soup up there ) then just cooked some burgers at home. A lovely day all around.

Bringing us to this morning,we take them to the airport, say out good byes.

Come back home, I took Koda out.. when I came back in Neil was on the phone with Dana, telling me that their plane had mechanical problems and that they were stuck out there till a new 4 pm take off. So, we went to pick them up ( it was like 10 am) to just go to breakfast of something.....

Pull into the pick up lane:
AND DEDEE AND BETH ARE THERE WAITING!!
The plane that was taking Ang and B.G. home had brought them up!

SURPRISE!!!
I wish someone would have taken a photo of my face in that exact moment. We  had JUST been talking about Dedee, because Neil had said how cool it would be if she was working their flight - setting me up, because I said that no, she does not work on Sunday...

We stopped by Wegmans ( the first thing you have to do ) then came home for an all night talking session with a huge bowl of muscles for dinner


Im still a little gobsmacked, in a VERY GOOD WAY, at how damn lucky I am to have such good pals, to come all this way..... much more to come....

No comments: