Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Super Trooper Tuesday

Well you already know I love this stuff.

March 6th - Super Tuesday!
 I don't know how many days until election night, but eight months-ish?  I guess we can say forever politically, but WOW, are things still messy out there for the Republicans!

Let's start with the home state of 
Georgia.
GEORGIA 's NEWTY !

First off, I was wrong in my prediction, I had the Newtmister at like 53/54% - Native son and all ( which he SO is not ) Here is a LINK to this map, interactive. Again, I LOVE this sort of thing, I have poured over ever county in Ga, and am very surprised by how oddly strong Mitt was. Just like every other state Mitt takes the cities, - others take the fly over folk.
I think, and this is from very limited chatting with folks, but I think MOST folks are not really paying attention yet and somehow folks , what? Remember Newt from the Clinton years. You won't see this again - this was his swan song

ROCKY TOP


Red is Frothy, Blue is Mitts and Green is Newty! 

This to me is a lot more shocking than even Georgia. Why, one state up is Gingrich just a non factor? Rick was extremely close in the four counties that he lost. ALL the talking heads are saying that the GOP will all fall in line, Lemming like, and be all WE LOVE BAIN CAPITAL when the time comes, but really - from this??  Romney took six counties in Georgia and Tennessee. I need to go back and check where he won in South Carolina. There is no road to victory for any Republican outside of the South.
So NINE counties out of THREE Southern states.
 Romney is an absurdly weak candidate. Santorum also took Oklahoma and North Dakota


So here is your Super Tuesday '12 map. 
Ohio was a squeaker all night long, until the cities came in and Romney ended up willing with 12k+ votes, he was a runaway in the delegate count for just all sorts of facacta GOP reasons.

VIRGINIA
Now this was a hot mess of a state, for ALL of the GOP, ( The President took Virginia in '08 ) The only two that did the necessary leg work to even get on the ballot were Romney and loony tunes Ron Paul. 255,520 people cam to the polls... like what? 3% of the state voted today? Way to crank up that base Governor Romney!

So, nutshell it for us, Kyle!

1). I have a huge HUGE crush on MSNBC contributor and the former head of the McCain campaign Steve Schmidt.

2). The Lovell-Spencer strategy worked and the beat goes on. The Gingrich and Santorum campaigns will spend the millions and millions doing work for President Obama and the national Democrats. Making Romney that much of a weaker candidate.
I broke my rule and got into a very slight little facebook tiff with some folks from Winder today, I was all full of piss and vinegar and really sort of looking for a fight . This old friend of mine, who is just off his rocker - a raging case of Obamaitis, gave me an opening and I took it. Some woman from my distant past chimed in and called me naive when it comes to politics.
Many, many things I am, naive about politics is not one of them. I know it is still can evenly divided country when it comes to elections, and I know that the hatred out there for President Obama is real , A force that the Democrats are going to have to deal with come the Fall. 
I also know that Mitt Romney, Mr.1%, Mr. some of my best pals own race cars IS NOT going to connect with these folks. Naive no, optimistic in March.. hell yes.

No comments: