Sunday, April 15, 2012

I am Blond Rich White Woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore, and I know to much to go back and pretend....

LIKE THE PHOENIX! 
Hilary Rosen rises from the ashes.
Yes, I started a long long piece on the whole BARACK OBAMA HATES MOTHERS faux firestorm that was all over the , well everything this week - but it just got all bogged down in muck and mire- and a me starting a whole new list of postings as the misogynist feminist, again. A road that we covered pretty well back in the '08 campaign. I went a little preachy and just did not post it.
IF you were on Bora Bora or someplace for the week, or just have a life out of MSNBC/Foxnews/CNN - a micro recap. Hillary Rosen, ( the ex of HRC head Elizabeth Birch, for those that did not know...).   Acting ONLY as a CNN pundit touched one of many third rails of American politics . I do not even know what the original question was, but something to do with the GOP war on women, and the fact that Governor Romney's go to for advice on the pretty little ladies issues, including ECONOMIC ones, is his wife , Ann. Ms. Rosen pointed out that ( and this is a TRUE statement ) Mrs. Romney has NEVER HAD A JOB.

Cue the outrage!
 Get Sarah Palin on Fox spewing bullshit about Mama Grizzlies, get the GOP chick on The View all up in arms - You know the routine. ALL MOTHERS WORK! There is NO JOB MORE IMPORTANT THAN BEING A MOTHER ( which as a non parent of a human , I do not get to have an opinion on this , but shouldn't that statement be parent ??) HOUSEWIVES WORK! Mrs. Romney raised FIVE BOYS* - in five houses with a ( literal ? ) boat load of servants and staff. SHE HAS SUFFERED!!
there is just no getting around the fact that these are damn pretty people, I think it as something to do with the lack of caffeine.
Mitt drags his one wife in front of the freaking NRA and says something about apple pie. It was a bad bad bad made up cable news orgy of glee or handringing, and it looked as if Mitts was even gaining a little traction, EVEN if only for showing that the poor thing has a wife, and is not , as often mistaken, a robot. Untill...

ENTER THE YOU TUBES

At least 5 times, every day during this Winter and Spring of GOPness I ask the tv " do these people know that we can see them?"


So, work with me here, Mitts. IF you are a VERY rich (WHITE ) woman, staying at home is hard work, the most important job there is or can ever be, but if you are on public assistance ( poor , of color ) you get your snotty nosed brat in day care and get out and flip burgers you vile leech.
Let's look at the quote as well as hear it: "I wanted to increase the work requirement,” said Romney. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.”
WOULD THAT NOT IMPLY that working in the home, raising your children was NOT WORK ????? Let's hope this part of the story gets 1/10th the airtime that round one did.

It is such a very VERY long time until November, and it's looking like I am going to be enjoying EVERY single minute of it.Sometimes it's good to be me. I got this story from the show UP w/ Chris Hayes, Sat and Sun mornings on MSNBC. IF you are not watching this show, and I do not know if it is online or not, you really should/need to be. 
And you KNOW you want to see her sing it again:





* all very successful men in their lives with mom clone good Mormon wives ( only one ) I think, and could be wrong on this, four investment bankers and a doctor , sitting on their few hundred million dollar trust - BUT none of which chose to serve their country.... just tossing that, GOP like , out there.






No comments: