Monday, April 23, 2012

Late Season Nor'easter



We awoke this morning to not so much of a surprise snow storm. I could swear I heard some thunder during the night - so just crazy weather.


Gloppy, messy, muddy and slippery, like I told my friend Michael , a tuck in bed with Turner Classic Movies sort of day! At first they told us that we would get the snow tonight and tomorrow as the massive storm swirled around us, bringing the moisture in from the coast.... I hope it was all just early, and that there is not more coming.
It looks like, even with the snow, that the temperatures did not drop below 32, and that Neil's flowers , blooming and yet too, will be fine.

More from the Rochester paper. Schools were closed down here, but I think it was more of just wanting a long weekend.

1 comment:

TheCrankyProfessor said...

Definitely a long weekend.
Remember how living in Atlanta displaced Yankees would laugh at our closing school at a flake? They close school here for cold weather (wouldn't want the kiddies to catch the bus in zero degree temp - so let them go sledding instead!) - but only so long as it's a Monday or Friday.