Friday, March 1, 2013

dinner

A Friday during Lent
also
St.David's Day
Saint David's Day (WelshDydd Gŵyl DewiWelsh pronunciation: [dɨːð ɡʊɨl ˈdɛui]) is the feast day of Saint David, the patron saint of Wales, and falls on 1 March each year. The first day of March was chosen in remembrance of the death of Saint David. Tradition holds that he died on that day in 569.[1] The date was declared a national day of celebration within Wales in the 18th century. ( the rest )

SO LEEKS - and no meat....




Regular Salad
Roasted Butternut and Leek Soup.

This was really very good. A hint of ginger and cardamon - not vegan, because I started the leeks in some butter and hit the blended soup with a little half and half. I will be making this again,I didn't have a recipe or anything, but I'll try to recreate and take yall with me.

No comments: