Tuesday, March 26, 2013

this is the day



I do love you.

But, I can not keep up with EVERYTHING that is happening so very fast this morning and report it here . I am still a bit of a hot mess, sleep was fretful at best last night - and am approaching over caffeinated early, with a long day ahead of me.

IF you need news today, easiest will be just watch MSNBC. If you can go a little deeper follow JOE MY GOD, or Joe's facebook feed or my facebook feed, maybe...

IN DEPTH 1:00 pm c-span will break the written transcript of the hearing going on RIGHT NOW

We are heading down to the local vigil this afternoon, much from that tomorrow.

I don't think I will do much updating here until this evening.


12:18 : It is all over with except literally the shouting. Bottom line is NO ONE HAS A CLUE as to what will happen, but the 12:18 3/26/13 general consciouses is that it will be a "punt" and that ONLY California will get marriage - that [ and the language for me gets dicey ] Prop 8 will remain invalidated. The lower court rulings stand. Now , if this decision is come to based on standing - there could be some issue - but right now, as I head out the door to a cold sunny walk with Koda , that means that come July thirty eight million plus folks will live in a state with full marriage equality. That is a win .
One other thing. There was no way that ANYONE, either side,  was going to be over the moon happy today - You look forward to something HUGE for years and then it hits - but today is like waking up on Christmas morning with a note saying Fed Ex will deliver your new hot wheels set in late June. There was going to be let down - neither good nor bad, just fact.

No comments: