Tuesday, August 6, 2013

CAKE

Cuthbert come to Pompanuck!


 Sitting around talking about cake, because that is what I do, old fashion deeply Southern Carmel cake came up - and quick as a wink, Dahn was on google and we were over at the bakery getting pans and spray. I would NEVER be brave enough to do this cake, but Dahn is baking fearless!
 Cake part is pretty straight forward - 
I made the mistake of putting too much HOT icing between the layers so there was some 
puddling in the middle when it was cut -
 This icing is pure science, candy thermometers - and such - time consuming and more than a little bit dangerous!


In the end it was SO very good, very close to a pure slice of childhood for me!
Not a crumb was left!

3 comments:

Steve said...

That looks incredibly yummy!

Steve said...

That looks incredibly yummy!!!

Jodi said...

I really like cake. Yesterday was Sadie's birthday. It would be so awesome if someone would make, say, a lemon or vanilla pound cake. I don't think I've had pound cake in twenty years.