Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DREAMS




Today , for me - was a little overwhelming on so many levels -  So many of my personal heroes all in one place. So much history - so much emotion. That day , that movement - was all so wrapped up in Atlanta - still so today with many Atlantans/ Georgians speaking ( including Laura Turner Sydel ?!? ) Not claiming to have ANY sort of memory of this day or even of the next 10 years really - as far as MLK and the Civil Rights movement - but aware now.
( if you missed it )
Andy Young, my hero John Lewis, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton , the President and First Lady... more. Lots of LGBT included, Bayard Rustin at last celebrated for who he really was,  Caroline Kennedy ( I wish one of the Johnson daughters would have been there ) Governor Martin O'Malley ( a good sign for those of us who want him as Hillary's VP ) many more.



Just an amazing photograph
  Two more wives and my head ( and heart ) would have exploded


 so much history
But, being who I am :
The First Lady, Michele Obama in
TRACY REESE Fall '13
She looks fantastic!

Mrs. Christine King Farris 
showing them how the Ladies of Spelman show up!


( mbfiesd )

No comments: