Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It is snowing in Upstate New York / Almost Canada in late November ....

 Almost got a tiny tiny taste of Atlanta the last few days as dread and panic about a coming Winter stormed gripped Rochester. " A couple of feet ", was bandied about. I'm sure it all has to do with timing as so so many folks are trying to get someplace else in the next day or so, and this named storm - that I can not remember the name - will hinder them. So, yes - a news story. They all settled on 12 - 16 inches for Mendon.

  
Out and about early afternoon, with the snow coming down pretty hard was just wonderful - almost nothing soothes my savage beast like a walk in the snow. Somehow , just the falling flakes take all the sound out of the air. I don't know if its people are not out, or there really is something to the sound, but it is just the most peaceful feeling to be out in the woods with a nice snow falling. Got a little harder and slippery on the way home....
Kyle as Cliche
I did . I went across the street and bought milk and bread. Both of which we needed , not just because - MMM was pretty busy... but some people were doing their Thanksgiving shopping there, which I realized , after the traumatic Wegmans trip yesterday, COULD easily be done. The all shop local, small business Wednesday Thanksgiving.... 

 About 11:30 for out last walk of the day, and it was coming down hard...
The " THEY " are now saying less than a foot - sort of a 10 - 12 inches....

 Should have taken all the photos that were in light, the park across the street is very well lit, with out the flash. It is a very pretty totally Currier and Ives sort of snow fall . I'll let yall know what Wednesday holds when I wake up!

No comments: