Sunday, November 10, 2013

dinner

 "There is a particular happiness in giving a man who you love very much, good food that you have cooked yourself ". Karen Blixen
 
WHITE TURNIPS
 As a rule, I have never ever been a big fan of turnips, but walked into Wegmans last night, at first thinking these were the coolest beets ever, only to see that they were local white turnips -
Kept on walking, going with my list/menu Brussels Sprouts with whole grain mustard and cream - but these just kept calling me back.....
 Made a couple of pumpkin pies!
Getting the jump on the season, one is by the book, the other chock full of three gingers. I forgot to mark which one was which ( the ginger was MUCH better the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin is too sweet...)

before

 Our good pals Jack and Linda came over for dinner

  •  Slow roasted Chicken
  • Red Cabbage w/ Apple
  • Butternut Squash w/ lemon and thyme
  • White turnips w/ turnip greens and kale
  • Long grain and wild rice
  • Gravy

 A snuck in daily Koda...
 My plate - I am all about the Fall color
the aftermath


No comments: