Tuesday, September 9, 2014

VOTE BABY, VOTE


PRIMARY DAY IN NEW YORK!

A whopping 9% of Monroe County came out to the polls today - not that there was really any reason to. As you can see there were two races on the Democratic ballot , and none for the GOP locally. We went because we are good citizens and always do, plus Hillary called and asked me to...

Neil did the protest thing that his union was pushing and voted for our current Governors much more lefty primary challenge, I danced with the man what brung me. Governor Cuomo usurer in same sex marriage. Yes, with tons and tons of help, but I am nothing if not loyal.

So Neil was the 20th person to vote and I was the 21st of the day. We were the only two in there other than the four elderly poll workers, three ladies and one man. They could not find my name so I told them to look under Stuart Crawford instead of Kyle. 
"Oh, did you change your name " 
"No, in the South, where I am from, a lot of folks go by their middle name "

All sorts of chat about names and the South - really it is voting in Hooterville . When one of the ladies asks me where in the South. " Atlanta, but have been up here a good long time". When out of the blue one of the ladies lays out : " Have you ever heard of Winder , Georgia "

I sort of lost my footing there for a second.Now , this is in the Mendon, NY fire station - election day 2014 - what are the odds of that happening?

Turns out her son and his family live in big Winder where he is a chiropractor - she spends the winters down there. She did not know where he lived. I told her I would wave at Christmas....
Small small world!

From the NYT 


No comments: