Sunday, September 20, 2015

GO BILLS !


I mostly joking put on Facebook today that I was shocked to find out that people play and watch football on Sundays up here. 15 years in and really, I went to my very first Buffalo Bills party. I know all about the team , well sort of - they do their spring training a few miles up the road at a college in Pittsford. Its always a huge news story when they come and go, locals flocking to see them while in town.

Today was a  big game, Tom Brady and his New England Patriots in town to face the 1 - 0 Bills. So some pals invited us over for a game - mainly because some other old friends of Neil's were in town visiting them. It was a fun party with lots of good food - Im just not a pro football fan all that much. It is such a different game than our more civilized Saturday version.

The New Englands beat the Buffalos in the end, but it got a tiny bit close there at the end.

 I took some lovely late Summer mellon all wrapped up in some paper thin prosciutto. These were gobbled up.
 Our pal Juleen was out walking their very cute Westie when we got there - wish I had gotten a picture of the wonderful little dog.
 Threw together some easy peasy Chicken and Waffles when we got there - needs to be served hot - people just go nuts over these and they could not be any easier to make.

A very nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: