Monday, March 28, 2016

MOVIE DAY



420 million dollars later AND I did not hate it , at all really. Timidly I say that ... I liked it ?

It has issues, it is too long AND too short at the same time, and some great leaps of faith are taken with the audiences knowledge of not only what is going on , but with the much beloved characters as well. Marvel's the Avengers and the X Men sort of have the easy task of " drawing " their characters  in any way they want , like everyone knows who the Scarlet Witch is. But these are the big guns of comic bookdom. They actually wrote the book, made the blueprint of what a superhero is. This movie takes some risky moves with the icons. I won't give any spoilers - BUT I will say that Alfred Pennyworth would NEVER be unshaven and unkept!

My major complaint of the DC comic book universe is that it is set in the MUCH overused world or The Dark Night, which came out in 1986 - a lot has happened both before and after. Why is there no color in this universe - I get that from Batman - all dark and broody, but superman is literally made of sunlight


Neil and Don pretty much hated it - but I sort of got it. I liked this story, I like the arch of the players, I like that women were not props.  I like that unlike the first Superman movie an entire city was not leveled - which they do address in this one. They do a great job of making this universe , this new universe real. This goes deep into nerd land and also movie land. I am very much looking forward to the JLA movie. Let everyone else in the world jump on the bandwagon of who is the rip off Thanos or Darkside ...

If you are at all a comic book geek go, if you like them a little bit go -





No comments: