Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello, My name is Kyle and.......


I never ever drank coffee before I moved to New York. Steve was a HUGE coffee-a-holic, but I never touched the stuff. True Atlantan, I was a diet Coke in the morning kind of guy. At some point in the last few years, I started drinking the witches brew,blame it on the cold. Neil can drink it all day long, iced, etc, for me, its like beer in the morning. Gives me a big ole morning rush.... but you know, I can stop any time I want too.
My sleep has been a little off lately, so yesterday, I was going to avoid caffeine and get my full eight hours. Sure. As the day went on, I was just feeling more and more icky, just blaming it on the heat of one of my 17 million allergies, I just muddled through. More day, more head achy. " what is going on with this ? " tick, tick, tick, nothing was helping. " am I getting sick" ?
Then about 10 pm, I figured it out... I was in some full blown Sid and Nancy coffee/caffeine withdrawals! WOW... go figure. The clean living types would push on through and only do carrot juice in the mornings. I was up at 6 am, cup in hand.



No comments: