Friday, July 9, 2010

The Incredible


I fought it.
Ya'll remember the great tuna scare of '05, right?

I like my food to come the way the good Lord intended. If it's meat, wrapped in plastic, sitting on a Styrofoam, never having come from any happy animal! My eggs - from that big cool room in Wegman's, where a dozen eggs, is what, 79 cents?
Giant factory farms rule......

I was wrong. Our pals John and John have got your organic, free range, sung to at night, happy go lucky, for all I know wearing Chanel Chickens. These eggs are OFF THE CHARTS GOOD! O.M.G. They are not even the same beasts. The whites come out more solid, and the yellows are a deep rich golden. You drop an store bought egg into your hot buttery skillet and it is watery, and pale. Not these little orbs of joy that our pals are giving us. They drop into the sizzle and sort of hold their shape, cooking much faster.
Hail Brenda ! Shocking, but some change may not be ALL that horrible.

1 comment:

b said...

You have plenty of room to keep chickens, and no coyotes, right?

Are these eggs really that round?