Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am woman, hear me g-r-r-r-r-r-r-r.

Those little starbursts are baaaaaack!

Ok, upfront. It is hard for me to sit through with out throwing up in my mouth a little, seriously. But, Sarah Palin's little homage to Nancy Kwan is sweeping the internets, and has plenty of GOP men adjusting their pants, even the gay ones.


I mean, I was on this wave already, happily one of those 18 million cracks.... but, those were not real apple pie women, not mama grizzlies. Those other women believed that they are in charge of their own bodies, and not men and the courts. Those other women believe in some sort of safety net that OVERWHELMINGLY helps women and children. Those other women believe in goofy ass things, like newborns not being denied health insurance over pre existing conditions. Those other women were not out yelling "drill baby drill".
Now, I have had to sit through it again, as a Thursday afternoon drinking game. FIND THE NON CAUCASIAN.... sober as a judge here.

Number two :Barack Obama is coming to eat your children?

I just don't get it. And, yes, I know, I am far, far from the motherhood and apple pie set, but still. Who exaclty is attacking their cubs ?? There is no reason to make this video other than to set the stage for Iowa, NH and South Carolina. It is looking like she is going to be in on this, Brand Palin 2.0. She got the baby daddy vote this week, and now we have the first shot across the bow for Palin/Pawlenty 2012.


1 comment:

b said...

I watched this two mornings ago and it has just bothered me since. Even the damn tune was stuck in my head.

Here's what happens to mama grizzlies: Their kids are scared of them. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128508974&ft=1&f=1001

It's all just more code, a page from the Reagan scrapbook. The only way to convince lower- and middle-income people that "change" or "progress" is bad is to somehow associate it with "otherness." When you have a black-skinned president, that's an easy task. But if that doesn't work, throw in some anti-queer bible verses.