Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thank you, sir! May I have another.....


Interesting.

For reasons unknown, too many episodes of way crazy folks on A&E ?, I decided to have an off line weekend, you know.. just to prove to myself, I could do it." I don't need keyboard duster....", and then that went one more day. Take it away David Gray:



In reality you have not really missed anything, sleep has been the big issue. Day is night, night is day, and darn! Is that the sun coming up already? Seems to be much better now. Two days of pretty much higher function, and we are hoping that things are back to normal.

Neil is still out on the left coast, after a very successful meeting to get the lgbt into the kkg, asap club. I am sure it was all the gathered out there in Portland that weighted heavy upon the Presbyterians. He is now off visiting his pals in Bend or Forks or some such fictional place, herding cows and shearing sheep... so, hoping for some film to follow on the later.

Always one to find a silver lining in things, last weeks insomnia lead to some darn good impromptu grits and grillades late/early one night. Seriously good, now, if only , I could remember how exactly I did it. I do believe the key was smoked paprika.

I watched the Tom Ford/Colin Firth movie A SINGLE MAN, twice. Really, just to let it sink in. I don't really know anything about Christopher Isherwood, other than the 2008 documentary film CHRIS & DON, A LOVE STORY they did lead such interesting lives.
I am glad I watched this one at home, so I could watch it again. You have to get over the " this is the best damn perfume commercial ever!" aspect of it,( it is a beautiful film ) and then - with only my knowledge of Cabaret to go on, I expected the police to barge in, just any time. SO, with that out of the way, I watched again - and it made me sad. It is 1962 , sure, and there is NO concept of gay family and all, I get it. We have come so so so far, so so so fast, and yet, there are still pockets of just - wrongness ? And then there was the dog issue. Probably should have waited for Neil to be here to watch it with, but a few days later, I'm happy I did watch it. I want to read the book now... I think. ( remember, we don't do sadness.....)
"All these years later and all" - and the Hollywood powers that be put the lovely Julianne Moore on the rent me box.
We have also been lost in the MAD MEN MARATHONS that have been on! I caught a couple that I had not seen. #1 season 2 - which was not one to miss. Very good to hear Matthew Weiner's intros to all of the shows. If A&E keep having these in the build up to the 25th, watch some, if you are a fan.

THERE, I think you are all caught up now.



No comments: