Thursday, January 19, 2012

MOVIE MANIA

The Annual Pre Oscar get-all-you-movies-in Marathon has been on!

  • MONEYBALL -B+  I'm betting a little too inside baseball for most,but I really enjoyed the movie. I also liked it as " a film" , it's artsy!
  • THE HELP  B-/C+  The most talked about movie of the Fall was sort of just lost on me. Too cartoony, too " black and white " .... and I just missed the entire point. Some lovely acting, and not a bad movie at all.. just too " fluffy" for the subject matter.
  • COWBOYS AND ALIENS : B  It was fun... good premise. The dog lives.
  • THE IRON LADY :  It's Streep. Acting is A+++, seriously, it is a teaching moment for every actor and actress on the planet, but its a B- of a movie at best. I think you would need to know A LOT about late 20th century Britain to understand the movie at all. It is NOT a straight forward bio pic ,but one  you should see, because it should lead to her next Oscar.
  • THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO : A parts of it watched with my had over my eyes A-. The only person on the planet not to have read the books, I went in not really knowing a thing. DO NOT FUCK WITH THAT GIRL, seriously. Came home in went way into the world of the Millennium trilogy, and will read the other two books. I sort of figured it out, but not really.. did not seem as long as it was, where as THE IRON LADY seemed much longer! I say I will read the next two books, but if they turn out to be as scary and graphic as this one, I wont make it through.
  • THE ARTIST on FRIDAY! 
The OSCAR nominations come out next week.

No comments: